Pond lover and Liner needs

Reaction score
I have two ponds in my yard. My yard is pie shaped and so the back yard is perfect for the first pond. I put it in 9 years ago. It is app. 14 x 12 and has a 40 foot stream with 3 waterfalls. It has developed a leak in the main pond liner. I need to replace it and was wondering where to find a good liner (preferably in Louisville KY). The front/side pond is a splash pond, mostly for noise in the Cabbana... I also want to put a new skimmer on the pond. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Turn off all the rivers and falls and pumps in general. Use something to aerate the pond if it has fish.

Chances are it will not leak with that done. That tells you the leak is in a fall, stream, or the plumbing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep when water level stops falling your leak is somewhere at that level .Do you have just one liner or several .I had a plants roots grow beteen the 2 liners and I could not find the leak turned out the plants roots were wicking the water up .I pulled 5 handfuls of roots out and replaced the liner and rebuilt the water fall .I also know replacing the liner is a hassle after neighbors dog ripped mine and good gosh that old liner was sucked to the soil , I was amazed at how hard it was to get out .Welcome to the world of ponding :cheerful: leaks turn out to be a big head ache .Oh you never said how much water you were loosing and some will happen with all those water features you have and all the splashing they cause ,Water evaporates fast in heat .I think I read on here how much you can loose each day .I thought a year after I put my bigger one in that I had a leak and it turned out to be the deer stopping by to drink during a drought here .I got them a water trough and refill it each day ,right now all we have been getting is rain .

Ask a Question