POTM December 2014 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Canada
Worcestershire is beautiful indeed. I was in Pershore two or three years ago. It is hard to believe it has been that cold there! I lived in Ontario till 1991 and then moved to the west coast where cold is -5C, because I was fed up with cold and ice, but things are so crazy now in terms of weather. May your wrist heal quickly!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks all. It's one I really like, particularly because I actually took it with a broken wrist. :snaphappy:

We'd had a week of exceptionally cold weather - by UK standards at least, not unusual conditions for some of you in Canada and the northern States. It had been about -20 C, -4 F for a week, and I'd been told the River Avon was freezing over - a very rare event here. I was determined to get a photo or two, and on the way down to the river slipped on the icy road and landed badly on my wrist. It stung at the time, but seemed OK so I carried on. It was only after taking the photos that it started to hurt like mad and swell up. When I got home, my dear wife bundled me into the car, straight off to A&E to get it looked at. The hospital were great (y) - they had so many people coming in with limb injuries from falls that they had set up a virtual production line, with extra staff on duty. Within 30 minutes it was X-rayed, diagnosed by a doctor, splinted and I was on my way home. It was out of action for 6 weeks - no driving (or photography).

Chris
Hope your ok Chris its been very cold down our neck of the woods too but not near as cold enough to freeze the Tamar in saying that we have had frost and frozen water still not time for the crampons in Plymouth infact we have 11 c here today .
Though it hurt my friend the photo was worth your pain and suffering well done , putting my back out two weeks ago I can wholey sympathize with you pain

Dave

Ask a Question