propagation

Reaction score
banghead3.gif
Can anyone tell me where to find supplies for growing Water plants? I have a small green house and would like to propagate pond plants. Have searched everywhere and cant seem to find a place that supplies this kind of stuff. Anyone got any Info. that can guide me in the right direction?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You might want to go to your local nursery, if they have water plants, and pick thier brains on how they manage theirs.

I have been experimenting with various water plants. I have plants in gravel, some in soil, some anchored by rocks both in and out of water. I have discovered that some, so called water plants do better in dirt next to the pond. I don't use any chemicals in my ponds for the plants or water quality, everything is as natural as a home made pond can be.

I have plants in tubs without fish and I have found that some do well and others are doing better where there are fish to fertilize the water.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Reaction score
I went to the pet store, the only ones they have are the ones that there plants came in. They gave me one and i bet I can get a few more. They threw away 100 little mesh baskets. Dumb. Got a start anyway.

Ask a Question