R.I.P. Robin Williams "one of the Worlds funniest Comedian's".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
One of the worlds greatest artists at making his fellow man laugh was taken from us well before his time last night R.I.P you'll have then rolling about all over the place in Heaven :LOL:,
Like all comedy greats god seems to blight them with low self esteeme leading to depression , addiction and often as not Suicide :(.
However for a man to make as many as you did laugh you were the best :happy:.
May his family take comfort in Millions around the world will be mourning him though their loss is great

Dave and Val

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
image.jpg

Any Disney fan will understand.....

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The world will never know a more sharp or brilliant comedic wit. May his soul find peace at last.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's really sad. I really liked him and I know a lot of people did too. I think sometime real genius dances on the fine line between "normalcy" and "lunacy". It's everyones loss today with is passing and I wish he could have gotten help so he did not have to take such a drastic action. http://www.suicide.org/suicide-faqs.html

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I knew something was odd last month when media was reporting he went back to rehab. The statement was worded in a way to make it seem like no big deal, but people don't go to rehab unless they really need it. He hit some sort of bump in the road and sadly he felt he couldn't recover from it, though he had been struggling his entire life.

Life is such a valuable thing... no... its the only thing. You're either alive, or non-existent. Its sad to think someone was in such a bad place that they ended their life.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have to differ w/ ya on the non-existent part after death,my own belief of course but hoping he made it to a better existence in the after life. He was a kind, wonderful, funny guy who loved to make people happy. I hope he is happy now and not in any mental or physical pain.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've leaned on this one a lot in times of mourning. I find confort in the words:

"Don't stand by my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I'm the diamond glint on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. Don't stand by my grave and cry. I am not there. I did not die.

- Native American Poem

Reaction score
@Troutredds what a beautiful poem! And so true.
With the new information that has come to light concerning Robin Williams, that he had new onset of Parkinson's disease. I feel for him and his family. And the torment that he must have been feeling and going through. Parkinson's is a debilitating, horrible disease, that Slowly over time robs you of your muscle function, in most cases memory and dignity. We watched my mother slowly over ten years deteriorate to the point she could not swallow. I pray that he has found peace from the demons that haunted him in this life....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I've leaned on this one a lot in times of mourning. I find confort in the words:

"Don't stand by my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I'm the diamond glint on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. Don't stand by my grave and cry. I am not there. I did not die.

- Native American Poem
Awsome Poem Fishylove you often find that when god deams a person genius then he will also take something away , be it your eyes, ears. or in Steven Hawkins his body Leaving only his mind .....
I have a good friend a grade A+ genius , is a member of MENSA scoring straight A's, to A+'s from childhood, winning a perstegious scholarship here in Plymouth to go to a top University, sadly however god struck him down in his prime whilst at University with "manic depression" and he has never recovered from it which is so very sad:cry:
All that promise of a bright future dashed on the rocks, seeing him go through one of these attacks was frightening in what it did to him.
Weve seen him have a bad episode before going from a happy go lucky guy one minute to a broken old man just hours later trying to disapear into a small corner shunning all contact but any noise would cause a violent outburst from him even at his friends
Sadly Robin Williams was the same as my friend a genius in what he did in the science of making people laugh sadly I think the Early onset of Parkinsons was the final straw .
But he has left a wonderful legasy in the films he left behind which will entertain generations of people to come and make them laugh :happy: :LOL:

Dave and Val

Last edited:

Ask a Question