Rain water

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
I had an extremely heavy rain a few days ago that really clouded my pond. I assumed that soil washed down from my water fall or from the sides of the pond. I didn't see any evidence of that though. I tested the water and found that all perameters were in spec. Within 2 days, the pond was back to normal. I was worried for a while.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Its still raining here 4" so far...i drained my filters 3 times each,,70 gals out of my baby tank,,,and about 500 gal from my top pond...its full again...I love the free water change water looks great..my ponds can only catch water from the sky no run off..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dr Case please be aware that rain water can cause huge PH swings in the pond so keep an eye on your water perameters over the next few days to see if you get this swing .
Basically its down to the acidic nature of rain water as koiguy correctly states . :umbrella:

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question