Renter with junked up pond

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm renting a house with a garden pond and the previous renter didn't care a whole lot for it. There's a ton of debris floating in it and it just looks sad. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for easy ways for me to get this gross water out so I can refill it and start over. I was considering calling a pool company to see if they'd come by and get it. I'd rather not go at it with a shop vac but if that's the only option, so be it.

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Shop vac, bucket, the pump if it still works, just pump out onto the ground.

What size is it? do you have fish in there?

welcome to the forum, they like you to introduce your self first.............

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yeah, if you are going to start over, you are going to need some sort of pump. See if there is one, and if not... that'll be one of the things you'll need to add to your shopping list..

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep just stick that submersible pump down on the bottom of the pond and run a hose from it to your lawn or garden and empty it completely. Are there fish in there cuz if so you will have to put them in a big something or other like a kiddie pool, big tub etc. You may need a long handled net to get the gunk off the bottom first cuz the pump will keep clogging and you'll have to unjam it all the time. You can get cheap pumps at Harbor Freight if you have one near you. I have a pump that I can screw my garden hose to and use that to pump out the water. Just happened to be the right size for that pump.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
An introduction and where you live would be nice, If you happen to be local, I would be willing to help. how large is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads