Safe Glue or Tape?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So I finished running permanent 2" PVC piping from my 2 pumps to the waterfall / water features and then to the bog. I ended up NOT going with a 3" SHARED line since I was afraid the pumps would fight. So every pump has a dedicated 2" PVC line.

The last piece is my 2" PVC to a home made mechanical filter I'm building. So I am going with a Sieve Filter type design. I've already bought the wire mesh material and have a box designed out with the slant and cleaning port.

My question for anyone who may know.... I need to find a glue or very very good tape that is water proof and pond safe. I need to adhere the mesh to my PVC pipe frame that slides in / out. I found some online that is water proof so the hope is it would be pond safe since it is 'waterproof'... nothing should breakdown and go into the pond water. Just has to be strong enough to handle the water pouring down the front of it (at at angle).

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There might be something better, but this stuff has been around a while. It says “not for water applications,” but stuff I gooped (filter sections that are 100% in contact with water), with it are still going strong after 12 years. WEAR GLOVES…..and old clothes!
IMG_9317.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So I finished running permanent 2" PVC piping from my 2 pumps to the waterfall / water features and then to the bog. I ended up NOT going with a 3" SHARED line since I was afraid the pumps would fight. So every pump has a dedicated 2" PVC line.

The last piece is my 2" PVC to a home made mechanical filter I'm building. So I am going with a Sieve Filter type design. I've already bought the wire mesh material and have a box designed out with the slant and cleaning port.

My question for anyone who may know.... I need to find a glue or very very good tape that is water proof and pond safe. I need to adhere the mesh to my PVC pipe frame that slides in / out. I found some online that is water proof so the hope is it would be pond safe since it is 'waterproof'... nothing should breakdown and go into the pond water. Just has to be strong enough to handle the water pouring down the front of it (at at angle).
WHY NOT SANDWHICH THE MICRON FABRIC BEWTEEN PVC PIECES AND BOLT THEM TOGETHER

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There might be something better, but this stuff has been around a while. It says “not for water applications,” but stuff I gooped (filter sections that are 100% in contact with water), with it are still going strong after 12 years. WEAR GLOVES…..and old clothes!
View attachment 163601
Good stuff! Drying now. Hopefully this filter works! Time will tell.

Ask a Question