Seeding the Lake

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There's a man made lake not far from my home that we biked to last week. The site is an old quarry. They have an information center where they describe the process of how the lake was "built". They had this posted in one area - I thought it was pretty cool! It doesn't take much to get nature rolling - the lake is over 100 acres.

Seeding the lake.JPG

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do they scuba dive in the quarry lake?
Stephen
I was wondering the same thing! We have a couple of “local” lakes that are popular for practice and check dives. One is a quarry (but I don’t recall the history or geology), and it is, unfortunately 100% sterile......except for sunken planes, cars, stuff like that. All I remember about it was how badly it silts!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They don't. Even thought it was once a quarry, they completely reconstructed the lake, so it doesn't look anything like it did in it's quarry days. It's a very popular recreation area though - there's a beach for swimming and they rent canoes, kayaks, paddle boards and paddle boats. They even have pontoon paddle boats, which are really fun. The whole lake is surrounded by trails which are popular with bikers and runners/hikers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I did that with the natural pond from the north part of our property and found leeches squirming around when I recently drained it.
Biodiversity is good!

Ask a Question