Tetracyline

Reaction score
I have a question.. I read on this forum that sometimes you can save a fish with "Dropsy" if you use Tetracycline.. Now I don't have any fish with this but I need to be prepared. I did have one a few years ago. I live in a small town where there are no feed stores and the only pet store wouldn't carry it.. Is this an "animal" grade or is it the human tetracycline that a doctor would give you??? I can most likely have a chat with my doctor if this is the case to allow some in an emergency.. Curious to know. Thank you...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yes, tetracycline is the same, You must get the mg measured out but any grade will work the same.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Amoxicillin and Tetracycline are both viable. The animal grade is probably identical to the human meds just not certified for human use.

Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen.. this is good to know.. Now I have a plan just in case.. Bought one of those plastic tubs with the rope handles this weekend, and a spare air pump and stone.. I don't want to be caught as it's usually a Sunday when they get sick.. LOL.. Just after they roll up the sidewalks here.,.Now one more question, I asked in a previous post .. I bought the salt meter and took a reading.. It said 542.. Not too sure what that means, would you know? (as if you didn't).. Thanks again for this expert help...I so appreciate it...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
100=.01%
300=.03%
100x10=.10%
300x10= .03%
There are two settings. 1 and 10 you should be .054% slightly low treatment for pond with plants.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gohip

Latest Threads