addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is what got our pond started a 20-25 degree grass slope, i would only mow when it was dry. Now it is all plants, stream and ponds!

Luckily the riding mowers have a safety feature, they shut down the blades the second your butt leaves the seat. But the machine is heavy if it runs over you............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rent a jack hammer I used that for the footings for my studio I hit rock about 6 inches down

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh thats for sure 2 weeks ago a lady died here in Axton when her lawn mower rolled on top of her and she became trapped and no neighbors close enough to see it happen

Reaction score
That may be what I have to do next, I really hate using major power tools though so I'm going to see what can be done about the tiller and if not we will go straight to the jack hammer

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had no problem with the jack hammer and i'm just over 5 feet tall .The gave me one at the rental place they new I could handle and showed me how to use it properly and after that it was easy

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
talal101 said:
That may be what I have to do next, I really hate using major power tools though so I'm going to see what can be done about the tiller and if not we will go straight to the jack hammer

If you use a jack hammer word of advice, Don't lean into it and put your weight into the tool, let the tool do the work for you.
That is what I was doing when I got hurt working offshore. it shifted a vertebrae in my neck and tore all the rotator cup in my shoulder. I've had three neck surgeries, and one complete shoulder rebuild and have not been able to return to work since 2007.
I didn't know the vibration would do that much damage or I would have done things quite differently.

Reaction score
Ok well now I have decided that heck no I'm not going to use a jack hammer anymore thanks to fishins story. I have found a way that works which is to soak it with water with the hose and that loosens up the clay and rock a bit...I just got an idea. Why don't I use my 4500 psi pressure washer and put it on a straight shot and power spray the crap out of it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wear safety glasses, that stuff with fly right back at you, I would even have a mask on. I have used our power washer for stuff and what you are spraying goes everywhere.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rubber ducky suit the yellow jacket and yellow pants .people will get a kick out of that pic

Reaction score
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. That's about the right size pond for me. Hopefully I'll find some time to start digging soon, but between running a business, raising a baby and working on a new album for my music project, I may have to put it off for awhile.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hey I was told along time ago babies raise them selves lol they lied of course my babies are now 36 and 24 and still think they should come home to me with there problems .Being a mother or father never ends my life long project ,my 2 sons

Ask a Question