Unable to access emojis, other features.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All of a sudden, (I say that because it seems to be recent to within the past week or so), I can’t add emojis, make lists, etc. as per the top bar. This area is greyed out and doesn’t respond when I tap it. Is this just me, or is anyone else having issues?

I use an iPad, if the format makes a difference.

Almost hoping that it is a “just me” problem” because I have been having increasing issues with “ghosting” on this iPad, and have tried every “fix” option (except factory reset). It’s 5 years old — and this would justify getting a new iPad

IMG_7561.jpeg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe @Ian can answer this better?
Hubby asked me if we needed to go iPad shopping today, but I told him I wanted to wait and see what the responses on here were first. He said, “Why put it off? You’ve been having problems with the iPad anyway…..”. Hard to beat that logic, but now my curiosity has gotten the better of me (can’t add emoji and I’m not versed in keypad emojis….).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
look online for a two year old i pad save hundreds

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not able to test it on an iPad, but it's working ok on my iPhone - I wonder if using a different browser on the iPad might help? Like Chrome instead of Safari?

Ohhhh! I wonder... can you try pressing the icon in the top right of the editor? I wonder if it's locked in preview mode?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All good here, Android tab.

Yep hitting that grays all out.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I too hit the Preview button and all went gray! Yay to @Ian for fixing all our issues.................what would we do w/o him?

@Ian Thank you for the Hotel gardenpondforum.....................
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!
oldthumbsupguy.gif

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Ian Thanks, No it’s not locked in preview mode — that it would be so simple….. My “touchscreen ghosting” is getting worse, in general, so we’ve decided it has to be something about the 5 y/o iPad ( insert roll eyes emoji).

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
@Ian Thanks, No it’s not locked in preview mode — that it would be so simple….. My “touchscreen ghosting” is getting worse, in general, so we’ve decided it has to be something about the 5 y/o iPad ( insert roll eyes emoji).

The emoji issue may be a browser caching problem. I had an issue a while back where I was unable to post at all. As soon as I emptied the browser cache, the problem disappeared.

Ask a Question