Unlevel pond

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Will still need to raise left side a little as it poured here last night and run off got into pond a little. Is it possible to still raise by putting a block or two under the liner on edge?
I stopped run in with just a small dirt berm, a few places just a inch or so high. My main run off was down our slope right into the pond.

Reaction score
You can definitely see the right side (in the photo) is sloping to the pond. I would correct that if I were you.

And take this for what it's worth, but I am not a fan of unstable pond edges. I was told by an experienced pond builder that you need to be able to step on every rock on the perimeter without it wobbling or risking falling in. I feel like you have a few areas that look unstable. There's really no reason for the edge to be higher than one course around. Again - just an opinion from afar!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Looks like this heavy rain pulled a lot of my flagstone almost into pond and water may have gotten behind liner. Do I drain pond- completely relevel and start over?? Please help

Reaction score
If you're up for the job, I would say yes. You need to re-do your edge treatment if water can get behind the liner. While you're add it, I would consider adding shelves to your design. It will make edging so much easier and more natural looking.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
It will be a bunch of work, but in the end you will be happy you did it. Add the small shelf for the rocks to hide the liner.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I had the same problem only much worse since the yard was sloped. I dug a shelf and put rocks on the shelf and when filled with water it actually looked better than the rest of the pond.

Ask a Question