addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can even add the shelf without removing the water, pull the liner forward and dig the shelf. It makes a beautiful pond edging. Dig down around 6 inches, around 6-8 inches wide to hold some nice rocks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You left yourself lots of liner to work with - that's a plus! Like others have said - raise the lower side. You'll get more depth, and you'll stop any potential runoff getting into the pond. Adding shelves is an easy fix (she says from her comfy chair with a cup of coffee in one hand!) Ask questions if you're stuck and we'll keep sipping and advising!
Lol, so sipping coffee IS part of our job! I’m sipping nice creamy coffee now, waiting on my husband to be done with what he’s got my step son doing so I can tell him how to move the pool to set it up as my pond again!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will still need to raise left side a little as it poured here last night and run off got into pond a little. Is it possible to still raise by putting a block or two under the liner on edge?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here it is

Attachments

• 84CCDB93-0A27-4BDC-BEDD-1C8F39185DA5.jpeg
    84CCDB93-0A27-4BDC-BEDD-1C8F39185DA5.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 489

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Will still need to raise left side a little as it poured here last night and run off got into pond a little. Is it possible to still raise by putting a block or two under the liner on edge?
I stopped run in with just a small dirt berm, a few places just a inch or so high. My main run off was down our slope right into the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You can definitely see the right side (in the photo) is sloping to the pond. I would correct that if I were you.

And take this for what it's worth, but I am not a fan of unstable pond edges. I was told by an experienced pond builder that you need to be able to step on every rock on the perimeter without it wobbling or risking falling in. I feel like you have a few areas that look unstable. There's really no reason for the edge to be higher than one course around. Again - just an opinion from afar!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like this heavy rain pulled a lot of my flagstone almost into pond and water may have gotten behind liner. Do I drain pond- completely relevel and start over?? Please help

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you're up for the job, I would say yes. You need to re-do your edge treatment if water can get behind the liner. While you're add it, I would consider adding shelves to your design. It will make edging so much easier and more natural looking.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It will be a bunch of work, but in the end you will be happy you did it. Add the small shelf for the rocks to hide the liner.

Reaction score
I had the same problem only much worse since the yard was sloped. I dug a shelf and put rocks on the shelf and when filled with water it actually looked better than the rest of the pond.

Ask a Question