Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hi y'all.

Gardening is a big part of my life, and I was wondering if anyone fed their fish certain vegetables, besides peas, which I've heard about often. I don't grow them, so don't suggest them :lol:. Thanky for responsey!

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hi y'all.

Gardening is a big part of my life, and I was wondering if anyone fed their fish certain vegetables, besides peas, which I've heard about often. I don't grow them, so don't suggest them :lol:. Thanky for responsey!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this question has been answered so many times on this site..... peas, green beens, carrots , cantalope, watermelon, orange, grapefruit, tangerines, cooked rice (brown is better than white, too much white rice can give your fish a type of diabetes) ...the list goes on and on...most vegetables are easiest fed out of a can..already soft and easily eaten. some need to be cut into mouthable pieces.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this question has been answered so many times on this site..... peas, green beens, carrots , cantalope, watermelon, orange, grapefruit, tangerines, cooked rice (brown is better than white, too much white rice can give your fish a type of diabetes) ...the list goes on and on...most vegetables are easiest fed out of a can..already soft and easily eaten. some need to be cut into mouthable pieces.

Reaction score
Mine love fresh water mellon & I just give them a few small peices to share arround & its gone fast & yes they love fresh lerruce peices just be careful you dont have a PIG in the bunch LOL & gets over fed
Coolwind

Reaction score
Today I cut and cleaned a pineapple, and from the leftover core and skins shredded a lot for the pond fish. They loved it!

We had corn on the cob yesterday, and I thought to toss a chewed cob into the pond. Feeding frenzy.... the cob was gobbled and picked at from all directions!!!! Apparently the fishies' favorite summer veggie is the same as mine!

Ask a Question