Do your fish eat peas or other vegetables?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My 4 comets seem to love them, as does one of the koi. The two other koi and all the shubunkins don't seem to like them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If my fish are hungry they will eat them but not always their first choice. Do you cook them and peel off their shells?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I tried them out on frozen peas that we had in the freezer. Are these fully cooked, or just blanched? It says NOTHING on the bag, either way!

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the peas are frozen I will cook them first and then pop the shell off before feeding. Canned peas (with out salt) can be fed uncooked but I still smash them before feeding. My fish really like fresh oranges (rinse the orange and slice and feed) when they are done eating I pull the rind out and dispose of it. Succhini is another food my goldfish like, I blanch it and let it cool before feeding.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Every time I try to introduce a healthy variety of "treats," such as leafy lettuce, citrus slices, watermelon... my fish have NO interest. The only thing they go nuts over: shrimp, and garlic. I do keep trying, as I would love for them to have more variety, as well as the vitamins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Mine love strawberries, blueberries, oranges, lemons, and watermelons. The watermelon is the all time favorite though. They will snatch that right out of your hand.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
True mine love to fight over watermelon and it is fun to watch them attack it .They also seem to like cauliflower a lot also .Through a stem in and they go crazy ripping it apart

Ask a Question