addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@LoganinMD here is a picture of the hummingbird moth your daughter enjoyed seeing

hummingbird moth.JPG
hummingbird motha.JPG
hummingbird mothb.JPG
hbm.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I saw my first one of these on my bee balm over the weekend! They are SOOOOOO cool! We've also seen a nocturnal one (Sphinx moth of some sort, I guess?) Bee balm definitely has a lasting place in my garden!

Reaction score
Country
United States
J's bee hives have arrived and he is busy putting them together and painting them.
I overheard him bragging to someone about how much nicer your honey tastes!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Every picture we have of a hummingbird moth ends with a frog with a mouthful of hummingbird moth! They love 'em too!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I overheard him bragging to someone about how much nicer your honey tastes!
Nice to hear!
now I just need to learn how to sell it! I am not good at selling give away a lot more things than I sell. But honey from our bees is a lot of work a bunch of money so gotta sell it.
Every picture we have of a hummingbird moth ends with a frog with a mouthful of hummingbird moth! They love 'em too!
I have never seen a frog eating one, but I am sure it happens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you logan for posting a couple pics from addy's . There's so many of the damn photobucket block outs on the photo's it's aggravating. I use to use photo bucket I am very glad I dumped them long ago. i do hope NO one pays there ransom and they go south like Kodak and polaroid not that they were bad at all just were house hold names gone with the years. That pitcher plant photo was amazing how healthy they are as was all the plants. Addy you have a sweet tractor and know where left to use it. Are you installing ponds for others now?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy you have a sweet tractor and know where left to use it. Are you installing ponds for others now?
No. I can barely keep up with our rental rehabs, the bees and yard now. Most of our neighbors have no clue we even have ponds. Our "front" yard is a long spit, the driveway, the ponds and plants are in the back yard facing our woods. Even our close neighbor can't see them due to the slope of the yard.

The green areas is all of the grass I have converted to plants, flowers etc.
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When are you have a tree clearing party for phase 22

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When are you have a tree clearing party for phase 22
Never.

Covered with vines, some totally covered with healthy poison ivy and the woods and the back of the yard do nothing but slope down. Right at the edge of the woods we have a 10 foot drop or so. I shove all our yard trimmings into it. They make great critter clumps. And here disappear fast. At the end of the drop is marshy land, a dry/wet stream bed. Vines, with thorns, ticks, we leave it for the critters. The deer bed down in our woods.
At the end of our woods are corn/soy bean fields.

We walked it one time, decided it was not worth messing with. They don't have the open land that we have.

The people on the other street groomed their woods.

Ask a Question