Water leaking under rocks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just filled up my pond which has a waterfall and short stream. I missed a couple of spots with my waterfall foam. Is there any kind of sealant that I can apply where it's damp, and in one spot, underwater? I really don't want to partially drain and waste all that water!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Do you have a liner under your waterfall?
With a liner that is properly shaped, concave and pitched, it won't matter if water gets under or around the waterfall rocks.

I have never needed any foam or anything else to "guide" the water.

The most important thing is to form the base properly. The waterfall rocks are just there to hide the liner and make it all look good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I think you are going to have to just bite the bullet and drain what you need. I don't know of any sealant you can use that is fish safe before it is cured.

If it small you can try plugging it with some filter floss may be a combo of small rocks and floss or left over liner?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1664669572140.gif
and welcome @mhsiii

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@mhsiii - I have the same question as @poconojoe : did you use liner under the waterfall? I know it seems like a dumb question, but we've seen it happen before.

The waterfall foam is NEVER to seal the waterfall from leaking - it's only to direct water where you want it to go. You fill gaps between rocks to direct water over rather than under. But under it all is the liner, which keeps water from actually escaping the waterfall. If you're losing water, you need to adjust the liner.

Ask a Question