WAY out of our legue!

Reaction score
Last spring my husband and I bought a house which has a HUGE pond in the front yard.

It is approximately 50 feet X 100 feet large and has a ton of gold fish in it.

Unfortunetly the home was in foreclouser when we bought it and we know nothing about it.

It was dug out of the ground and has no linner, no rocks or anything like that. It does have some trees and plants growing around the edges of it that keeps it from deteriorating.

Last year my husband built a water fountain for it and we bought a pond pump which was attached to it and floated in the center. It worked well for last year, but now that we have gotten a lot done in the house, we would like to make the pond look a little nicer. Much to our delight, the fish are still alive this spring! We are thinking about building a waterfall for it in one spot.

The problems are that the water is ALWAYS a really grose brown muddy colour and we have no idea where to start with this thing.

ANY ideas for us???
Thanks so much!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunatley without a liner, I fear your brown is coming for the earth and there is little you can do to avoid the fine silt that is making the water brown.

We may have someone here with a similar situation that can offer better advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corey

Latest Threads