140.8 KB · Views: 316
  • winter 015.jpg
    winter 015.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 359
  • winter 016.jpg
    winter 016.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 340
Reaction score
Pretty! I'm heading to the Blue Ridge Mountains for the weekend and looks like I'll be seeing a dose of the same white stuff.

I fully shut down the pond yesterday. Usually I wait until January 1st, but with snow coming even here where I live (rare),and my leaving for a few days, I just decided to close things a few weeks earlier to avoid any possibly hassles/problems.

I emptied my barrel filter, took out all the media and washed it. A small dead frog was in the bottom of the barrel in about a half inch of muck. Poor thing! Just left my air pump going with a bubbler in both the lower and upper pond---so I'm basically closed for business this winter. 8 weeks of rest and waiting to turn all the gizmos back on!

I

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The snow has only just gone from Manchester, UK - it was about 8 inches on the peak days... the most I've seen for years!

There are loads of canals that we can see from our windows, and they were so thick that you could *almost* walk on them. I didn't want to try ;)

Ask a Question