addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How can he have posted in another thread? He only has 2 posts listed and they are both right here on this page. Something fishy here.
I merged the two threads to make it easier to follow along

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t be koi fish eggs.. can it? Does anyone know what they are??
I have a 100 gallon koi pond, no plants yet.. and it’s outdoors.
Hi there, welcome to the forums Dwhacked, Have you really calculated your pond to 100 gallons, mine is an odd shape and has quite a lot of shallows which makes my small pond very difficult to pin point its volume. I was hoping it was close to 300gs. But with a little less optimism my guesstimate came down to between 200 n 225 gallons, By using that volume I had success with the blagdon Clear pond treatment, before hand, the mix was probably too strong and browned the water instead of clearing it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, welcome to the forums Dwhacked, Have you really calculated your pond to 100 gallons, mine is an odd shape and has quite a lot of shallows which makes my small pond very difficult to pin point its volume. I was hoping it was close to 300gs. But with a little less optimism my guesstimate came down to between 200 n 225 gallons, By using that volume I had success with the blagdon Clear pond treatment, before hand, the mix was probably too strong and browned the water instead of clearing it
Ps, I still wouldn't put a koi in and proberbly shouldn't of put the 10 tiddlers in from the local park pond, but they'll do for a few years before I'll be posting "my fish are starting to demand food first thing in the morning and look too big for my pond :<)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads