What Exactly Is All the Greenish-Brown Muck at the Bottom of the Pond & Filter?

Reaction score
essentially, you temporarily rig up a situation to collect the mulm as it's falling from your waterfall, for example. You can go to wal-mart or a fabric shop and buy that white quilting material. You set it up in something to support it, but still let the cleaned water go through. Then the quilting material catches the debris. Usually a few times doing this and you will have a cleaner pond.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
myself...i have an independant fines fitration system ...a submersable pump the hose and an old trickle filter (pf1 from tetrapond)..i load it with 2 layers of the cut to fit furnace filter and pillow stufing (fiberfill) run it for a couple days a month... does a fantastic job, but any storage bin, 10 gal+ trash can, etc willl work...run it and put it away.

Reaction score
koiguy, could you explain in a little more detail, I like your idea also and happen to have a new storage bin sitting in my garage. Thanks.

Ask a Question