WHAT IF ?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
WHAT IF THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS PONDS AND PONDING AS A HOBBY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A HOBBY? HOW WOULD SPEND THAT MONEY YOU'VE PUT INTO YOUR POND AND FISH?

ME...I'D PROBABLY HAVE STUCK TO MY OLD HOBBY OF ON AND OFF ROAD RC RACING, LIKE I DID BEFORE PONDING..I HAD THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WRAPPED UP IN SOME EXREMELY FAST RC.s. AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE HOBBY.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well, let's see... I could get a few more tools for my woodworking hobby! Or a better loft for my pigeons. Could spend that money on more photography gadgets. Guess I'd find something to spend that time and money on! John

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I have a wood shop as well and my radial arm saw just bit the dust..if i had all the money in hand i think i might have had a shopping spree at sears and harber freight as well.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Would have to agree with both of you on adding onto my collection of tools for my workshop. However not sure if that would satisfy the wife as she enjoys the pond and working on it too, so would have to come up with something for both of us. That would probably be spending more time backpacking and kayaking.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
what type of tools you a needing john, spend my money on fishing holidays and planner thicknesser.
Actually, a friend of my son's is trying to get me a planer from his neighbor's widow, as the poor gentleman won't be needing it any more. And I'm also looking into getting a canoe to do a little fishing up north. Spent a lot of time there in my younger days, and wouldn't mind doing that again. John

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Oh, I suppose I'd have to build a bigger garage before I could pack any more tools into it. But as far as time goes, if I didnt have the pond and landscaping, I'd probably spend more time in the garage.

I'd definatley have to by myself a new project car to play with, I sold off my play truck and my camaro when the baby was on the way, and now my garage is getting lonely with nothing to tinker on in there.

I'd also spend more time fishing... we do take our canoe out every couple of weeks though.

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
I'd gladly agree to DH spending the money on building a shop so he could put all his woodworking tools in it. Then I wouldn't have to look so carefully when I'm backing my car into the garage. For now, on one side lives the table saw and extended table for it, the radial arm saw and a counter, plus various stuff tucked underneath. On the other side is a joiner, planer, chop saw and the latest edition, a wet saw to cut the pavers we are laying out back. Oh, and some of the old cabinets from the kitchen redo, stuffed with drills, router, bits and blades, and god knows what else. I'm too scared to look! lol! Plus, there's stuff on the walls and every size imaginable of clamps. And he's still three years away from retirement!

Ok, back to laying pavers. Now where is that 6 foot level. :D

Reaction score
it would all be spent on downhill mountain biking, tho its not as much the money more the time as i still spend what i need to on my bike but i would be out riding more if i didnt have a pond to sit beside and plan pond related projects

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I'd gladly agree to DH spending the money on building a shop so he could put all his woodworking tools in it. Then I wouldn't have to look so carefully when I'm backing my car into the garage. For now, on one side lives the table saw and extended table for it, the radial arm saw and a counter, plus various stuff tucked underneath. On the other side is a joiner, planer, chop saw and the latest edition, a wet saw to cut the pavers we are laying out back. Oh, and some of the old cabinets from the kitchen redo, stuffed with drills, router, bits and blades, and god knows what else. I'm too scared to look! lol! Plus, there's stuff on the walls and every size imaginable of clamps. And he's still three years away from retirement!

Ok, back to laying pavers. Now where is that 6 foot level. :D

Hey, you can still fit a car into the garage!!! I haven't been able to park a car in mine for the past 5 years... Way too much stuff! lol.

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Hey, you can still fit a car into the garage!!! I haven't been able to park a car in mine for the past 5 years... Way too much stuff! lol.

Just barely! lol I keep threatening to organize the whole thing for him. I mean seriously, does he really need every little scrap of wood. :rolleyes: I keep that comment to myself, though, in case he wanders into my studio and starts poking around in my fabric bins.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing! I am the tool fanatic of the two of us, hauled a bunch of them across country. my previous hubby had a 3000 sq ft shop stuffed full of tools, wood etc, finally had a auction so I could move. But I brought a whole bunch with me and of course rocks!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd prolly be walking the streets if I had no ponding hobby.................
oldlady46.gif
JUST KIDDING
girlylol.gif

Actually I'd prolly be gardening, riding bikes and get some chickens going
chicken-egg.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If I didn't have the pond, I would have a nice outdoor room. I watch the DIY outdoor stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had a misspent youth playing chess and still enjoy the game. Also it is very easy to play chess on line and still do that. Other passions; tennis, bike riding, golf and skiing. Also a few years ago I used to have my own boat and sail. I think that is my attraction to ponding because of the water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoBarrei

Latest Threads