addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd prolly be walking the streets if I had no ponding hobby.................
oldlady46.gif
JUST KIDDING
girlylol.gif

Actually I'd prolly be gardening, riding bikes and get some chickens going
chicken-egg.gif

roflmao jw! can just see ya doing that!

If I didn't have the pond, I would have a nice outdoor room. I watch the DIY outdoor stuff.

We boat, fish, garden, my own personnel gym out there........ we love the ocean, may some day have a live aboard parked down in florida. Take care of too many rentals lol, and just overall love life.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had a misspent youth playing chess and still enjoy the game. Also it is very easy to play chess on line and still do that. Other passions; tennis, bike riding, golf and skiing. Also a few years ago I used to have my own boat and sail. I think that is my attraction to ponding because of the water.
Cometkeith maybe you could put in one of those life size chess boards and pieces in your backyard. Saw that on one of those diy shows.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
aaahhh yes, Yard Crashers on the DIY network...I enjoy the show myself. i dont think i've missed any of them. some cool stuff on most of them...a few i didn't care for, the chess set one being one of them!

Reaction score
After giving some thought, I'd think I'd have more time {& money} for my seven cats, more books, shoes & a new bike. I'd still garden. I might even get good at it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
aaahhh yes, Yard Crashers on the DIY network...I enjoy the show myself. i dont think i've missed any of them. some cool stuff on most of them...a few i didn't care for, the chess set one being one of them!

I watch Yard Crashers, Turf Wars, Outdoor Room and Cub Appeal. DIY and HGTV. channels. I like the way they do things on the cheap on Turf Wars and Yard Crashers. I would spend more money on the yard if the pond wasn't there.

Reaction score
Well, ponding is only one of our hobbies. We also love woodworking and make big things
like furniture, TV cabinets, kitchen cabinets, and small things like bird cages, perfume cabinets,
and clocks.
We also gave a stained glass hobby and make lots of windows, we even have two koi
stained glass koi windows that we hang outside...we had three outside, but I traded a kio
stained glass window for a lotus. :)
We often combine our stain glass with our woodworking.

We also enjoy home decorating, taught ourselves how to upholster furniture,
make drapes and shades. Actually our hobbies save us a lot of money, cause
we do all these expensive things ourselves that normally cost a fortune.

Luckily for both of us, we love the same things, and willing to jump in head first and teach
ourselves how to do it.

Reaction score
I would actually be able to play the guitar like a mofo instead of just plinking around on it "when I get the time." ;)

Reaction score
LoL, are you sure the pond isn't saving you from becoming the crazy cat lady? Maybe its a good thing you have to spread your time and money across a few hobbies :razz:
Maybe--- :unsure: never thought about it before. Strays just seem to find us. We just give them food & shelter. Their love & friendship is more than payment. :luxlove: Oh & they like the pond too. One of the reasons we built the pond.

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
I watch Yard Crashers, Turf Wars, Outdoor Room and Cub Appeal. DIY and HGTV. channels. I like the way they do things on the cheap on Turf Wars and Yard Crashers. I would spend more money on the yard if the pond wasn't there.

I like those shows, too. Every time we do something outside, we say "Where's Ahmed? Ahmed, get over here with your crew, dude!" lol We are big time DIYers and have saved $$$ in sweat equity.

As for myself, I'd probably travel more to see family and spend the extra funds with Southwest airlines. Like they don't already get enough of my money.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Joan, sounds like you and your hubby have some very interesting hobbies! My sister in AZ does stained glass, and I can sure appreciate the time and money that goes into those items. That you traded a stained glass for a lotus plant, WOW, that other person got a DEAL!!! :)
If I didn't have my pond, I would not be half as happy when I come home as I am now. Flowers and landscaping are fun, but they are not "alive" in the sense that my fish, frogs, turtle all relate to me, and give back soooo much. I used to ride my horses more and go camping and horseback riding in Shawnee Forest, and would like to get back to doing more camping trips. Maybe this fall ....
Somehow, with the pond going, I have found the time to do other projects along the way, so don't think the pond has taken my time, but it HAS taken my money! I probably would have gone on a trip or two scuba diving In the Caribbean with the money. :profile: :umbrella:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads