WHY IS IT.....?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Some of the neatest, coolest pond "stuff" I see, is from UK sites! Is the UK just more in to ponds than we are here? Or is it just because it's something different from the hundreds of similar items I find when I search US sites?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe you need to look better .I know though I have to agree some of the stuff from there posted does look nicer ,but I think it is because here you have to search out the items unless some one post it .I have been looking at a lot of pretty cool sights .I wonder if there are more ponds over there than here .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sissy, sometimes it will be something as simple as a FEATURE on a pump or filter. I'll see something that catches my eye, and "Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for!" But it will be a UK site. So I'll search and search for something similar, but never find it. Can't come up with any examples at the moment, though.

The feeling I get is this: US sites and products are aimed at selling their products. UK sites and products are aimed at caring for the needs of the fish-pets.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that is true as I see better items and ours are just made for the mass market and they seem to just want money and don't care about quality .I noticed also that most of there stuff if you look is produced in there country and we get a lot of junky imports .There prefilters over there on there pumps are larger and much better made for an example .When we allowed more imports than exports is when out economy started to go down .Nafta is to blame on a lot of junk .I try to find American made but it is getting harder every day .Like when Dan River Mills went out here and they are salvaging all the wood for flooring and kitchen cabinets and stuff .We want cheap but in the end we pay for it .In this economy though you really have no choice though ,who can afford some of the stuff out there .So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place as the saying goes ,They buy our stuff but not as much as what we buy from them .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads