Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Finished up with winterizing the pond and the rescue building for cold weather. The stock tank was pretty easy because it has a cleaning assist built in bu the pond is another story :eek: I cleaned all the decayed material from the bottom of the koi pond and reset the liner to make sure it was secure and not in any bind anywhere. Cleaned all the pre-filters on my pumps as well as flushed out all the lines. Also tested the emergency water heating system which is a good thing because it failed the first time due to air in one of the valves causing it to vapor lock. I got all the air out and primed the system and it worked perfectly all 4 test runs so I think I am officially ready for winter ;) (y)
PS: It has been storming all day so that's why the images are dark and gloomy.
wp.JPG
wp2.JPG
wp3.JPG
wp6.JPG
wp7.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Stormy here and of course my poor niece Missy is headed to Austen Texas from Tennessee for her traveling nurse career .She will spend 3 months or more there and she is hitting bad weather all the way down .We are due to get thunderstorms tomorrow but light rain today .It always looks worse when we get fall rains .I still have not gotten done with all the stuff I have to do before winter .I hate even the thought of all this prepare for winter talk .Depressing :(

Ask a Question