yellowjackets

Reaction score
My pond is infested with yellow jackets. We live in Spokane WA very dry and bees are coming for the water. Any ideas on how to get rid of them We have yellow jacket traps. but they are only interested in the water. Any sugestions will help

Reaction score
I hear you, Yellow Jackets will sting without provocation. If you knew where they were coming from and placed a small bird bath between that location and your pond?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Houseparent, please add your Spokane location to the UserCP.
Thank you

BTW
I think the birdbath is an excellant idea.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was stung 4 times last year, the apples really drew them. This year have not even seen one, even with the pond having some water in it, we are really dry.

One thing I did last year, was find the main nest, in a wall, and sprayed it. I prefer to live and let live, but the 4th and last sting did it to me. Red and swollen for over a month.

Maybe you can watch and see where they are going to, and with great care, i.e. early am late night when they are calmer, spray the nest.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just found a new yellow jacket nest. Unfortunatly it was with the push mower! Ouch!! We had a huge nest in the area around the new pond while we were digging . Thought we had it burned out but I am seeing a lot of them around the pond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emergency Dentist Katy Te

Latest Threads