j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I ran a quilt batting filter most all of Summer to get all the fine floating stuff out of the water. I think that is a bit obsessive. My lilies (no soil just held in pot by rocks) didn't bloom and Parrots feather is disappearing. No clue why unless not enough nourishment in the water for them. May have to go back to soil for the lilies and fertilize them like before. I have a prefilter on my pump and when it slows down my falls I pull and clean right away. I scoop out muck when it shows on bottom. Fish look good and are active and eating well and growing. Just wish the plants were. We get a lot of rain water added to the pond. This is my first really clean freak year..............all other years I have had build up on the bottom and had a different filter that I didn't change that much which would build up thick w/ gunk that would not slow down the falls due to larger holes in the media allowing water to flow more freely.

Ask a Question