Commercial fountain installation.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Something else about AquaMaster, their HVF which is similar to the Kasco VFX despite being an open propeller fountain still manage to become distorted.

One thing that bugs me about Kasco and I should mention Otterbine as well is the newer design vs old design.

For example, the older Kasco fountains had the lifesaver flotation and smaller slinger disk and had a much smoother spray. Several years ago Kasco redesigned their float with the hexagonal design, but added several inches to the floats height so that it sticks way out.

They also increased the size of the slinger disk I understand they did this to make the display bigger but at the same time restricting the flow making the spray so thin that it looks cheap.

Otterbine did this as well with the concept 3 series. Used to have the circular float but replaced it with that square design. And like Kasco added several inches so that the float sticks way out of the water.

AquaMaster has a nice thin float but made the mistake of making the float blue.

Aqua Control's float looks better having the conical floats but the actual nozzles are a bit showy.

I think the visibility of the actual fountain components shouldn't overwhelm the aesthetics of the spray it produces. And just about every fountain company in some way or another breaks this rule.

FountainMan

Reaction score
To put it more clearly, which fountain float do you prefer?

images.jpg

Or

2400vfx_1024x1024.jpg

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Lower, as it seems to have more of a "footprint", which to me denotes stability and a more cohesive, concentric spray pattern.

Like I said, I use them mainly for the aeration and surface movement than for decorative purposes.

FountainMan

Reaction score
Of course I prefer the V patterns. To me they're equally decorative as for aeration. Geysers are good for smaller ponds tucked into an elaborate and sophisticated landscape. Tiers are good as a focal point.

The V pattern resembles a tulip. I also like the splash ring the V pattern produces on the surface.

FountainMan

Reaction score
So the other day I mentioned how obtrusive the floats are on the Otterbine fountains. Brand new Otterbine installation not too far from my house.

20141128_143702.jpg

You can see what I mean about the showy float. Big black object sticking out of the water. As a rule, the flotation shouldn't protrude more than 4" out of the water in worse case scenario. This float is shown in normal conditions sticking up 6" out of the water. And it's visual impact is a bit overwhelming to the fountain spray itself.

Reaction score
How quaint,,,Does it do anything else ? Any illumination? I installed five rgb pro lights on mine , I'ts a big hit when I'm entertaining guests ,,

FountainMan

Reaction score
How quaint,,,Does it do anything else ? Any illumination? I installed five rgb pro lights on mine , I'ts a big hit when I'm entertaining guests ,,
The Kasco 1400JFL includes an amber LED ring. For a while I've been wanting to incorporate an RGB MR16 (with remote) into some standard sockets.

The lighting on the fountain or at least when I got it was busted. So the lights won't work. However the bay for lighting should accommodate a set of lights with the RGB.

It's funny that you mentioned this at this time. Last week I was speaking with the manager for the chapel about putting RGB lights on it. I'm giving this some more thought about how to implement. Problem with the remote control on the RGB MR16 is the weak range and the cut off by the light body. If I can get around this that would be a great idea.

Thanks.

FountainMan

Reaction score
Today I was busy doing more fountain work. Installed a larger fountain in place of the previous installation. This time with a bigger lighted unit. This is an Aqua Control Evolution Fountain.

20150204_101518.jpg

Getting the fountain placed in the water and organizing the cables.
IMG_20150204_213457.jpg

Fountain positioned and fired up.
IMG_20150204_213529.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to decommission the old Kasco fountain. I moved it to a narrow part of the water way. There's a side patio of the chapel with a sitting area where this can be enjoyed.

The digital timer I have on this has a random setting. So basically turns off and on randomly. The purpose for this is to hopefully deter waterfowl.
IMG_20150204_213601.jpg

Got the Kasco back up and running in its new location.
IMG_20150204_213625.jpg

Here's a cool view of the fountain from the sitting area. Looks different looking down.
IMG_20150204_213707.jpg

Had to wait until dusk to see the lights. The wait was worth it.
IMG_20150204_213918.jpg

Ask a Question