My pond 2013

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hi all. I signed up on here last year right around the time I started digging my pond (1200 gallons)... I took the fish in over winter thinking it wasnt deep enough (less than 3ft) and this year, my husband and I dug it out deeper and wider. We ended up with a pond around 2800 gallons this time (we pretty much started over, new liner, underlayment, filter/uv and pump to handle this larger pond). I made it over 3.5 feet at the deep end and 3 feet throughout the rest of the pond. Here are a few pics. :)

I had duckweed in the pond and the fish ate it up (that was ok) but then the little pieces got stuck in my waterfall filter and would push the filter pad up and water would leak out of the sides- not good. I wish I had some more floating plants because they really ate up my water hyacinth so I had to make that floating basket out of random stuff I had around the house. It keeps them off the plants... i also have plastic chicken wire around my plants which can be adjusted higher or lower with the water (zip tied on)... it helps keep them from digging my plants up.

Oh and the pic of the Goshiki... I just got that fish... Love it to pieces. So pretty. :) It was swimming with my first petstore fish I bought for the pond last year when the pond was 1200 gallons (the white/orange) fish. She sure grew up in a year lol

Enjoy the photos!

Attachments

• DSC07961.JPG
    DSC07961.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC07958.JPG
    DSC07958.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC07872.JPG
    DSC07872.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC08025.JPG
    DSC08025.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC07873.JPG
    DSC07873.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 328

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great job and yep anything fine will get stuck in the pump and filters .My koi ripped roots off that plug up my pump all the time

Reaction score
Well I like those lights in night because they are making your pond more beautiful.. and I also like the idea of these lights... I guess you have a creative mind about fish ponds. Anyhow thanks for sharing. i like it.

Ask a Question