sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
he was in nut shock in that pic and wondering where he can get a small boat and oars to get to it .Maybe you need to stop by the dollar store and buy a boat .I wonder how far he can jump . :razz: little swim rings maybe so he does not drown .ducky ring .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Actually the little guy could just cross the bridge and jump to the tree as it is only about a foot away from the bridge. I haven't seen them walk on the bridge yet though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe he is afraid he will fall in .Remember they can smell water but they have no real depth perception .They know it is there but they are not sure how close it is .Funny thing is they can target and hit a bird feeder by jumping on what they smell more than what they see .He will figure it out ,don't worry .I remember when I had my big fountain in NJ and hung feeders right up against it and they were leary of it for a long time because they could smell the water ,but they figured it out . :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was walking my yorkie, well she walks me, but took a squirrel by surprise, it bailed into a piece of drainage pipe. She stuck her head down the pipe barking like crazy, running from end to end, the squirrel finally got brave ran out from the pipe down the yard as fast as it could go. The poor thing jumped off the up slope bank of the pond, fell into the pond, came out ran over and fell into the lotus pond, got out of it and ran back into the woods. You had to feel sorry for it. They drink all the time from the stream and ponds, but usually don't swim lol

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Come winter I have seen them walk on the ice to get to the hole so they could get a drink.

Attachments

• P1020093.JPG
    P1020093.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 272

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
cute tail picture! I will have to watch for that, we have a ton of squirrels. I make peanut butter, seed, fruit mixtures for them and put it in feeders.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Your pond and surroundings are absolutely fantistic! I truly enjoyed viewing the entire building process. you and your wife are to be commended for establishing such an intricate, natural looking water garden. My Cathy was stunned by the overwhelming scope and beauty. Simply fantastic!

If you would, have another look at your cypress tree supplier attachment. One of the photo's shows Lake Martin. My wife and I fished that lake guided by a professional national bass champion. I don't know what cost more, the actual guide service or being guided by a past national champion. A memory we shall never forget.

Our home in Louisiana French Acadiana was in St. Landry Parish, west of the amazing Atchafalaya basin. My dear wife is a native of the region. Having lived there for the first 15 years of our marriage I was considered an adapted Cajun. :)

My hardest congratulations.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Big Lou thanks. It has been 8 or 9 years in the making, can't remember how long. I always seem to change or add something each year, already planning on what I am going to do next spring. Any suggestions????

Ask a Question