Newbie from North Carolina

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I do have 'blu sky' i think thats what they're called. he's pretty but cant really see his blue, more like silver instead. i actually like 'black opal' :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Here are a couple of my Shubunkins with the "blue" base color.

Blue Shubunkin.JPG
Pretty Shubunkin from PondKid.JPG
Shubunkin with bluish background.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Ooooo love the deep dark colors of your fish,Rufus. I have some that are mostly "blue" (white) and others that are mostly black. Speck, my fantail I have had for 3 years, is mostly black. And, this is REALLY interesting, as this pic was taken in April, 2013. Now, he is almost all black, with some blue and red specks on him. I need to take another pic of him tomorrow. He will swim up into my hand, has always been really friendly. I call him a "he", but I have no idea. I've never noticed any of my fantails to participate in spawning rituals.
Speck 3.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
that is a pretty fish. I guess the subtle black color on the fish finally show huh. i don't feed my fish so they don't come up when i'm around the pond. I have to sit still for quite a bit before they start swimming casually.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ooooo love the deep dark colors of your fish,Rufus. I have some that are mostly "blue" (white) and others that are mostly black. Speck, my fantail I have had for 3 years, is mostly black. And, this is REALLY interesting, as this pic was taken in April, 2013. Now, he is almost all black, with some blue and red specks on him. I need to take another pic of him tomorrow. He will swim up into my hand, has always been really friendly. I call him a "he", but I have no idea. I've never noticed any of my fantails to participate in spawning rituals. View attachment 83072
That looks like my popeye that the toad got .Mine used to swim into my hand to get a belly rub

Ask a Question