addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They all get around 1/4 cup osmocote when I get them ready for the summer. Then a few plant tabs off and on during the summer. I need to go in and groom again, move them around, getting some leaves on top of leaves lol.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, Your pond really is nice and full looking. Color everywhere. I'm sure hoping that once the Koi are removed from the water garden pond here that the lilies will take off. Mine look so pathetic compared to yours and I use the kitty litter, Osmocote and lily tabs. I'm getting blooms and growth but nothing compared to you. Your whole slope is really breath taking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beauty at it's finest addy in your pond and gardens! Love that red hibiscus and you have so many lilies blooming! I have one right now in bloom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Glad you have a lily blooming, JW! Addy, that hibiscus is gorgeous! I guess it's a hardy one, huh? Is it in your bog or planted in dirt? My hibiscuses are getting droopy. Not sure if they are dying, or if the heat is wilting them, they are in the bog. Wonder if the plant fertilizer spike was too much for them ...
Those lilies are unbelievable! Soooo many blooming at the same time. My plants are some leaves on top of leaves. Is that not a good thing? I've noticed some of the leaves are above the water, like to get more light and allow the ones below to thrive, too.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The hibiscus is a hardy, down to zone 5 with protection. When it makes seeds, I can send some if you want. It is ground planted, likes moisture. I put it near the pond and where the ground stays damper, mulched it well too

The lilies are a little crowded, I keep the old leaves cut off, even with the leaves on top of each other and some out of water (that just started to happen) they just keep blooming. I am not concerned about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yes, Addy, I would like a few seeds of your red hibiscus. I'm sure the ones I have in the bog are not hardy, at least I didn't ask or didn't assume, but maybe they are! Maybe they liked all the water earlier, and now are not liking it so much. Not sure. Also, I believe I put fert pieces in their pots, so maybe overfertilized .... I need to make a list of who likes more and who likes less fertilizer!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I read about it ce, it says propagation by cuttings, so it might not make seeds. I will keep a watch for some seeds though just in case.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
New hibiscus

DSC04135.jpg

The bees favorite plant

DSC04136.jpg

assassin bug

DSC04139.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow that is a strange looking creature, must be from another planet! Addy I tried to grow hibiscus once too but it never amounted to much for me, looks like it's growing nice and blooming away great for you, OK lets see a picture of your "green thumb" cause we can clearly see that you have one! :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol thanks colleen, I don't even do all the experts say to do when you plant, sort of stick in ground and say good luck! but they keep growing..............
I usually only see that bug this time of year
so easy here compared to arizona. I have already picked out spots to do some replanting, next spring.

Added a little water fall to the preform.

DSC04148.jpg

Small sample of the fish, they came swarming thinking I was feeding them

DSC04142.jpg

DSC04141.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wicked looking bug addy..............I bet he always wins the battle!
Love your flowers and your gang of fishies and you'd never know that preform was a preform............it looks so natural. You are very creative w/ your projects in making them look so nice :luxlove:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Addy, Great pictures. I love your lilies. If Monet had your lilies to paint then he would have ended up with some even better paintings!

Ask a Question