Ponds in Canada

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
You're not kidding about the wind !!!

Are all of your ponds partially in ground and above ground? I'm still trying to figure out how they all connect and flow. How do you keep the flow balanced, so the bottom pond doesn't over flow?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You're not kidding about the wind !!!

Are all of your ponds partially in ground and above ground? I'm still trying to figure out how they all connect and flow. How do you keep the flow balanced, so the bottom pond doesn't over flow?
Water is pumped up to top pond and there is overflows down to next level pond. Ponds are all part above ground so outside rain water does not seep in. Basically water in upper ponds free flow back to bottom pond though the overflow outlets. It works pretty good and pumps just keep everything flowing back down though all connecting ponds. Will try to explain in next video.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Everything is growing like crazy here with the sunny weather we have had. Lots to see around the pond, and most of the plants are moved back into the greenhouse at night, but last night was mild so I left the most of the plants out.

Hardy pond plants are really growing, Marsh marigold is blooming now and Yellow Flag water iris growing very nicely too.

New cameral LG Velvet phone has just much more crisp video too, This is on my new more powerful LG Velvet camera phone.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
So I have been diagnosed with type two diabetes. Ate too many carbs, potato chips, pasta and maybe a Easter bunny on Easter. I fell off my heathy ways after my mom died and now I am suffering the consequences. I refuse to be diabetic and taking full control of my diet. I drastically changed my diet and gone full keto and blood sugar is going back to almost normal. I am also fasting in-between meals, and eating only very small servings so my insulin level does not spike to much. After only a week I went from dangerously bad blood sugar level of 22 down now to 11 tonight. Than is in 6 days. Going to change my life forever and lose 30 pounds and then I will be super small and trim waist. I am fully committed. Testing my blood levels twice and day and n o carbs or sugar. Only Keto approved vegetable's and raspberries are keto but only in small amounts. Lots of us have diabetes but don't know it . If you suspect you might be at risk, you probably are at risk. Skinny people can also have diabetes. Stay tuned and I will keep you updated.
f anybody interested the blood sugar testing kits are cheap and easy to you. I might demonstrate how easy it is to check you blood sugar is you are interested on another video. Thanks for watching!!
Pond plants are growing nicely and fish are all looking great!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the diabetes Colleen. I've been trying to get mine down also and our measurements are different than yours here in the U.S. Your good levels where you are should be down in the single digits like around 4. Our lows are down in the 70's and 80's. Mine was getting up over 100 and I got mine down to 87 now so I feel better. I eat sugar now and then but try to stay away from it and most all the carbs most of the time. It works for me to eat less and have my last meal earlier in the day.

Your pond looks all ready for Summer and wow look at all your beautiful plants in bloom around your pond! Lots of good hard labor is good for you too!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear about the diabetes Colleen. I've been trying to get mine down also and our measurements are different than yours here in the U.S. Your good levels where you are should be down in the single digits like around 4. Our lows are down in the 70's and 80's. Mine was getting up over 100 and I got mine down to 87 now so I feel better. I eat sugar now and then but try to stay away from it and most all the carbs most of the time. It works for me to eat less and have my last meal earlier in the day.

Your pond looks all ready for Summer and wow look at all your beautiful plants in bloom around your pond! Lots of good hard labor is good for you too!
My doctor said my "target range" was 12 and I am below that now. For us it also goes by age and my husband has blood sugar of 9 and that is good for his age. I am wanting to totally get rid of my diabetes and lower blood sugar to 4 myself. Have to be careful as they hide carbs and sugar everywhere, even in the nuts. I read all labels now and already my waist has gotten smaller and my too small pants now fit my shrunken waist. I am committed to changing my life. I can eat others stuff like celery and cream cheese, nuts, eggs andi have low carb cracker bread that is only 5 grams of carbs. Terrified to get sick so I have to eat well. Hospital scares me and so does this medication Metformin as I food comes out "liquid" instead of solid ..

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 I've heard that about Metformin but the diarrhea can be controlled by cutting down the dosage and then working your way up slowly if need be. I have a doc on my radio that I have listened to for 30 years and he is big into natural stuff and he says he even takes Metformin and he does not have diabetes. Says it helps your body. Here is a link to his podcasts if you are interested. He takes all kinds of questions on the radio from people and answers them. I'd go to his clinic if I lived closer to him. I don't want to drive 50 miles. He has several clinics around the Seattle area. https://omny.fm/shows/leading-edge-medicine-with-pete-talbott/playlists/podcast I think you would like Dr Jerry Mixon a lot! I do! He's into making your body better than what the regular doc's want to do. Regular doc's have to obey the insurance companies. Dr Mixon does not!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
@callingcolleen1 I've heard that about Metformin but the diarrhea can be controlled by cutting down the dosage and then working your way up slowly if need be. I have a doc on my radio that I have listened to for 30 years and he is big into natural stuff and he says he even takes Metformin and he does not have diabetes. Says it helps your body. Here is a link to his podcasts if you are interested. He takes all kinds of questions on the radio from people and answers them. I'd go to his clinic if I lived closer to him. I don't want to drive 50 miles. He has several clinics around the Seattle area. https://omny.fm/shows/leading-edge-medicine-with-pete-talbott/playlists/podcast I think you would like Dr Jerry Mixon a lot! I do! He's into making your body better than what the regular doc's want to do. Regular doc's have to obey the insurance companies. Dr Mixon does not!
I cut back the pills to one a day for now and feel better and don't have to run as fast to bathroom.
Last night my blood sugar was at 10!! That converts to 180 American blood sugar. Getting better but have to half stave myself for now till blood sugar under control...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe if you just stick to the Keto diet it will help you. Don't starve yourself. Do you have a diabetes doc?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Maybe if you just stick to the Keto diet it will help you. Don't starve yourself. Do you have a diabetes doc?
Yes Keto is helping big time and numbers are getting better every day. I brought the number down from 22 to 10 in a week just on keto diet. That more than half! I am eating now mostly eggs as they are the best diabetic food out there. No carbs or extra low carb food like celery, Califlower, ect. No potato or carrots or other starchy sweet vegetables. I don't have a diabetic doctor just the walk clinic in doctor and I like him. I am learning lots about best foods and naturally lowering it. I have the medication Metformin and only taking it once a day instead of twice as that was too much and have me the "runs". Getting it under control and waist is smaller too. They say if you get a really tiny waist your diabetes can go away. Not that my waist was really big, I am a size 12 pants but would benefit if I can get down to a size 10 or better yet a size 8 like when I was young

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You can do it Colleen, just be patient and stay away from those bad carbs. Sugar is not our friend! We buy lots of eggs too. I like to put a little of the good cheeses on them.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Blood sugar getting better every day now and I am loosing my belly fat on the Keto diet. Its only been three weeks but some people at work notice my slimmer figure. So excited to get skinny and buy new clothes ha ha.

Ponds are looking so awesome and everything growing like crazy.

Ask a Question