callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Love your marsh marigold! I bought one last year but it wasn't happy :(
They can be tricky and need a good cold period.
Also I had trouble growing it in bottom pond, water levels change in that pond lots. But it does well in the pond just up. Water at constant same level in upper ponds.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All looks good for the guppy pond! I too like the red of the swordtail's. Do you use a long electric extension cord for you heaters and pumps to that little pond? And how do you keep the heron and other critters out of there?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
All looks good for the guppy pond! I too like the red of the swordtail's. Do you use a long electric extension cord for you heaters and pumps to that little pond? And how do you keep the heron and other critters out of there?
The bue heron does not notice them as they are small compared to big goldfish. Heron might just think pond is a puddle of water and not notice.
Then bushes help hide the little pond fron the sky. I have a extension cord run to little pond from side of house. Nothing fancy but works all year!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Good Grief its been a while since I uploaded a video. Been so busy at work and keeping busy around house.
I fixed my diabetes and I no longer need the medication. I cut out all carbs and any sugar. I eat very carefully now. This spring I was quite sick with blood sugar out of control. I was so tired and legs were hurting as high blood sugar does that. My eyes were getting blurry and I needed glasses to read but now that is all fixed and I can read very small print again thanks to keeping my blood sugar very low. Now I have lost about 25 pounds and getting skinner every day. Now I wear a size 10 or 12 pants and a medium or large shirt. I used to wear a extra large shirt and a size 14 to 16 pants. I want to get down to a perfect metabolic healthy size 6 to 8. I am trying very hard. I eat very little and do keto diet. Mostly eggs, salad and peanuts for snacks.

Yesterday by my ponds...

Ask a Question