Seen 5 Koi today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It hit 50 degrees today. When I got home after work I checked out the pond and I finally seen my Koi. I seen 5 out of the 6. They all look good. Hopefully the 6th one is good too. I also seen a bunch of my goldfish too. So far it appears that I do not have any fish loss over one of the coldest Februarys and a lot of snow. My water is a little cloudy, really want to get things running soon. The remaining ice is 10" thick where I can see it anyway. Over 50% melted now. Stream is fully melted.

Very pleased so far at this point.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like you made it through the cold and ice or should I say your fish did. Bet they are happy the weather is warming up. I know you are :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Good news! I'm running one pump through the skimmer and splashing backing the pond....koi are really coming to life!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks like you made it through the cold and ice or should I say your fish did. Bet they are happy the weather is warming up. I know you are :)
Thanks but it is not over yet, going down to 16 degrees tomorrow night and 1-3 inches of snow Friday.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It was above 70 degrees here yesterday - what a sight for sore eyes, to look out the window and see all the fish near the surface, soaking up the warm rays of the sun! They were poking around in the algae looking for snacks. Today is back to more seasonal 45 degrees, but still sunny. Feels great!

Ask a Question