addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good ? I have a feeling the critters just moved in, but they may have helped the gators and turtles. There are waterways everywhere here.

Every day, the Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department's Southern Region Water Reclaimation Facility pumps approximately two million gallons of highly treated water into the Wakodahatchee Wetlands. By acting as a natural filter for the nutrients that remain, the wetlands work to further clense the water.

The Wakodahatchee Wetlands have attracted an abundant variety of wildlife including turtles, frogs, alligators and birds. More than 140 different species of birds have been spotted at the site. These species thrive in the various wetland zones found at Wakodahatchee Wetlands. The zones were designed for a mixture of habitat types:

• Open pond water areas to attract waterfowl and diving birds
  • Emergent marsh areas for rails, moorhens, and sparrows
  • Shallow shelves for herons and egrets
  • Islands with shrubs and snags to serve as roosting, nesting, and basking sites
  • Forested wetland areas for long-term habitat development

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good in meaning that they made the place for them not that you bought the place for cheap or anything,lol :LOL:

Ask a Question