What Creature Could Do This?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I woke up this morning to seeing the quilt batting and a piece of tile taken out of our filter/planter. What type of creature could have accomplished this? (The pond netting and the fish are untouched.)

photo1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I woke up this morning to seeing the quilt batting and a piece of tile taken out of our filter/planter. What type of creature could have accomplished this? (The pond netting and the fish are untouched.)

photo1.jpg

I would guess raccoon.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it was here I would say they are making winter nesting arrangements, quilt batting for softness, tile for a door step.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Something w/claws looking for what's underneath that quilt batting to eat? I think raccoon too.

Amy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So that's 4 votes for raccoon and 1 for bigfoot.......................................I'm going to have to vote Bigfoot or alien!:blackalien:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Shan this is a bit off topic but I was wondering about your filter. Is that a store bought filter or did you make it?

I made the filter. I have tubing come up from the pump to a UV. Then the tubing from the UV goes into the flower pot. I have filter foam, Biomax (from the former fix tank), and quilt batting inside the filter. I set a tile on top to keep it all in place. The water then goes into my mini bog and down into the pond.

It's worked out just fine so far, but I only had five fish for my 500 gallon pond. But now I have about 15 babies! I'll need a bigger filter and bog now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Thanks everyone! I'm going to keep an eye out for raccoons. I know we have rats because they poop all over the outside of the pond. : (

Reaction score
Country
United States
I made the filter. I have tubing come up from the pump to a UV. Then the tubing from the UV goes into the flower pot. I have filter foam, Biomax (from the former fix tank), and quilt batting inside the filter. I set a tile on top to keep it all in place. The water then goes into my mini bog and down into the pond.

It's worked out just fine so far, but I only had five fish for my 500 gallon pond. But now I have about 15 babies! I'll need a bigger filter and bog now.

I like it (y)

Is the pot ceramic or plastic?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I like it (y)

Is the pot ceramic or plastic?
The pot is ceramic. At the store, I inspected every drainage hole to find one big enough for the tubing. : ) I once used a plastic pot and cut the hole to fit, but I didn't like the sound of the water in the plastic. I'm funny that way, I guess. : )

Ask a Question