What does your Wordle score look like... today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I toured four gorgeous 1930's homes and gardens in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

Alas, not one pond being actively used ... nor one Goldie or lilypad in sight ... just one being featured as a fountain.

I tried to download an image ... no dice.
For several years I took the Sedona AZ Pond tour and just loved seeing all the amazing ideas that people came up with. I picked up so many design ideas. Then they stopped offering it :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am going to post nothing here today but a picture of a big, fat, frog-eating snake (because today's word games were pretty much all a big, fat fail)
George by pond 02+.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
The drought-summer that I found a ribbon snake swimming around in my pond, the goldfish were so naive and enthusiastic that they were all swimming around it in jubilation as if to welcome it.

This snake plus other interloping varmints brought about the installation of the fitted screen ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wordle 1,037 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I need a few of those snakes
I'll send you some! I saw two, possibly three separate garter snakes that morning, as well as two milk snakes. That one in the photo actually interrupted my pond chores. I was working in the upper pool area when he barged in & started hunting. Once he bagged a frog, I left so he could go on his way undisturbed (they can & will regurgitate a meal if scared right after they eat & I didn't want that to happen) It made for a nice photo op, even if it put my chores on hold for a while.
George by pond 04+.jpgGeorge by pond 05+.jpg

Ask a Question