110V or 220V pump?

Reaction score
if they consume the same number of Watts then no differenece. Do you have 220V power where you want the pump? Most homes only have 220v for the stove or dryer.

Reaction score
Normally 220v devices consume fewer watts than a 110v device. If the pumps you are comparing consume the same number of watts then the cost to power them is the same. 220v breakers are pain. you should have 110v breakers or power available? Most 220v breakers are on there own circuit. No need to put the pump on it's on circuit it doesn't draw enough amps.

Reaction score
excellent pump, by the way. A total workhorse.

Can you elaborate on why you're going with this pump versus any other?

What's the size of your pond going to be again?

Reaction score
Well.... I am really confused here..... I need something that can handle the head height of my basement and a filter and then my waterfall. I don't know what to pick. I still need to measure for gallons but its got to be less than 500. I don't want something with to much power either. I don't know what to get. I am just really looking right now and trying to figure this out.

Reaction score
I think you'll see we aren't going to rest until we get you to measure that dang pond and figure out the gallons. There's no point in buying a pump until we get that measurement.

Also, how many feet is it from where the pump will be situated to your pond? We'll need to calculate that in for head/friction. And is it a straight up vertical shot from your basement or is there an angle?

Don't be confused....let's just start at the basics. Give us your measurements and answer the question about head height, and we'll get you off to the right start.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The last thing I buy when i build a pond is a pump. I measure the length size of pipes. count the number of 45 and 90 degree elbows an how high I'm going to pump.
This is gravity feed system. If your pushing water through a pressurized filter yo have to calculate that too.

Reaction score
LOL! Totally forgot about the angles....yep, that's another thing BB will need to tell us!

This is a cart and horse situation. Quit looking at horses (pumps) until we figure out how big that cart is. We need to figure out if you need a Clydesdale or a pony...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyMetalPeach

Latest Threads