2022 caught 20 , 2023 #22 - #27, 2024, #28 & 29 seen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
problem with moth balls is they will dissolve in rain and no idea if they are toxic but id bet they won't help the fish any.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, glad you like it. We have your dock done, just a little more to do on D dock and replace the stairs from the parking lot.
what did you use as decking?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thought you recommend that good choice has to look fantastic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They are dangerous to the environment critters, etc, so no go. Traps it is.
If you don't want to use mothballs (and I don't blame you) here are some other natural options:
Might not hurt to try a few repellant options?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you don't want to use mothballs (and I don't blame you) here are some other natural options:
Might not hurt to try a few repellant options?
Thanks I will get reading, have a lot of area to cover, but only 3 ponds with fish, but need to save the frogs also!

But I don't want to drive the king snakes etc away, they help with mouse control etc.
I see some stuff I could just put around the ponds, see how that works, take away their easy food source.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks I will get reading, have a lot of area to cover, but only 3 ponds with fish, but need to save the frogs also!

But I don't want to drive the king snakes etc away, they help with mouse control etc.
I see some stuff I could just put around the ponds, see how that works, take away their easy food source.
That's what I was thinking - if you could find something to make a perimeter barrier right around the pond/s, it might keep new ones from moving in once you trap & relocate whoever's currently residing there. Good luck!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A real improvement! guess new owners are good even though our price went up 4k to keep our boat there.
Boats a attempt to plug a hole where water comes in a dollars go out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Another option I found last night would be a advanced slig shot that shoots clay balls or anything really . It would at a minimum stun the snake. And the water would take away it's energy very quickly. As would a bb gun. I know I'm wasting my breath. Some folks are more about nurturing not removal.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does, so much better than before.
It will silver up over time but it will hold up a long time and take a lot of abuse. The 4k won't cover much decking. Stuffs expensive and I'm going off when I use to buy it almost 20 years ago.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Another option I found last night would be a advanced slig shot that shoots clay balls or anything really . It would at a minimum stun the snake. And the water would take away it's energy very quickly. As would a bb gun. I know I'm wasting my breath. Some folks are more about nurturing not removal.
The issue is I hardly ever see them on land or in the water. They slither away fast. I usually see them on the cams.
I am into removal, no desire to have them here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The issue is I hardly ever see them on land or in the water. They slither away fast. I usually see them on the cams.
I am into removal, no desire to have them here.
just thought of how you can clear yourself of snakes... HEAT....... GO TO PET STORE AND GETa heated rock and place mouse traps all around it . all snakes can sense heat . if nothing else you'll know where to find them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
On a FB koi keeping site, one pond owner has removed 18 snakes and taken them ten miles away. This person said they sat in a chair by the pond at night with a flash light......sounds horrible to me......no idea how the snakes were actually caught. Wonder if they're like frogs and get " blinded" if you shine a flashlight in their eyes?

Ask a Question