Abbey had the ACL surgery

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
hope her recovery is uneventful and quick . My dog was under crate arrest for 12 weeks which made him very unhappy. What type of procedure did they do for her? My guy had the traditional repair his knees.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hope her recovery is uneventful and quick . My dog was under crate arrest for 12 weeks which made him very unhappy. What type of procedure did they do for her? My guy had the traditional repair his knees.
Abbey had the static repair, not the dynamic repair. The surgeon thought that was the better way to go but that is a bit longer recovery then the dynamic repair. The dynamic repair sounded very invasive to us. Our surgeon said no crate is needed just really keep her from running and jumping but as soon as she wanted to put mild weight and use of it, he said it would be fine. Our surgeon has done 17,000 procedures, 700 a year so I took his word on it. Our vet said he is one of the best in the area. So far so good, she is still holding it up which we expect so close to the surgery. I slept on the floor with her a couple nights so she did not jump off the bed while I was sleeping. So far so good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
So glad she is doing well. It sounds like the same type surgery mine had where the healing time is waiting for the scar tissue to form to stabilize the knee. I agree the other surgery sounded way to invasive. I kept him crated when i was gone and on a short leash next to me when i was home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
How is Abbey doing?
@MitchM

Thanks for checking in Mitch. She had here stitches out last week. We will be meeting with the surgeon on the 17th for him to look everything over. So far in my opinion she is doing great. She is already putting weight on it. I still lift her up on the bed and off it but she goes up and down the couple we have stairs fine now. I think is a few more weeks she will be good as new. She is not even on pain pills any more. Her incision was one of the cleanest we have ever had on a pet, the surgeon did a great job. A success to this point.

Ask a Question