Addition to my pond?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two years ago, I put in a small pond. Now totally addicted, I need more. I do not want to rip the entire pond apart. I would like to either (1) construct a waterfall and stream to coexist with the original pond but not be joined OR (2) create a waterfall to flow into the original pond with stream that carries overflow away. I would also entertain doing a split from the waterfall with one stream moving separate and the other taking the waterfall water that goes into the pond and overflows away. Yesterday the two streams could join to one lower down before they reach the pump. Am I speaking nonsense or is there a way to do this?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m sorry, but I’m a little dense at times (actually, I’m a visual person, so have difficulty “seeing” something with words, only). IOW, I’m not following..... It sounds like, with (1) that you are talking about an independent feature, like a pond less waterfall....independent of pond #1? If that’s what you mean, then absolutely! In fact, there are others on here who have a set-up like that. (@Lisak1, don’t you have a pond less feature?)

For (2), if I follow, you would be pumping water (overflow?) out of your pond.....but not replenishing it....? In that case, you would empty your pond. Maybe I’m not seeing what you are saying. Maybe a negative edge area would work, for an illusion that the water is disappearing.

EDIT: I looked at your older thread (but didn’t read through it).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A stream / and falls will be of benefit to the pond. don't know why you would want to keep them separate

Ask a Question