Am i lucky or what?

Reaction score
welcome deesee, you can ply your theories on us any time. I can assure you we won't all agree all the time, but we'll be guaranteed to learn a thing or two. Plus, no one will trash you like that "other" site, ahem.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Deesee,

Welcome. It's always good to hear when someone has created the right balance of healthy life in thier pond. There is no doubt that when your fish and plants are happy, you are happy.

Everyone wants that worry free water garden. We all know it doesn't exist, but if your shared success can be someone elses success in building that near perfect oasis in their yard, that's outstanding.

Thank you for sharing.

P.S. My pond is far from perfect, but it's getting little upgrades here & there.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Oldmarine hit it on the head, we are all into it for different reasons and effects. If the fish are healthy, then I am as well, no matter the way you got there.
Every pond, has something that could be done better.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Oldmarine hit it on the head, we are all into it for different reasons and effects. If the fish are healthy, then I am as well, no matter the way you got there.
Every pond, has something that could be done better.

Totally!

that's another thing - I know some people want to build it right the first time and have it "perfect". For me, I want my pond to be an ongoing project that will keep me busy with adjustments and changes for years. Up until last month, I was extremely involved in running a non-profit organization. Now that I've stepped down from the board, I need something else to fill my time ;)

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Thanks DrDave,

It has taken me awhile to come to the conclusion, there is no simple solution to each individual pond problem. There are so many variables, and things to concider before building a pond. Like, pond size, layouts (or pond drawings), location, what you have to work with, cost, filters (of all kinds), water falls, plants, fish, and anything else you want to add to your dream pond.

The bottum line for me has been the information here is somewhat endless just as long as your willing to take the time to read, and ask questions. I didn't find this forum until I had my pond already in the ground. Then it took some time for me to come to conclusion that I really didn't know what I need to know before I started to dig the hole.

Thanks all of you for your help.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind, I just added your last post to my website's new page. I created a Testimonial page there just for these type of comments.

Ask a Question