Anywhere in MD to send new baby goldfish for "adoption"?

Reaction score
Just enlarged my pond and for the first time in years, a number of brand new babies just appeared. I see where I'll have to cut down on feeding them (a recommendation from a pro) to help prevent this... and I really don't want to kill the babies, but I really don't want more fish than I already have. Is there anywhere you can donate baby goldfish in Maryland (Howard county).

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What kind? comets? long fins? shubunkins? I don't feed mine a lot, so far I have not seen any fry this year. They consume the eggs.

And Welcome to our group!

welcomewagon-15.gif

Reaction score
Thanks. They're just plain old goldfish... but the older ones are quite large and really beautiful.... bright orange-gold or white with gold spots. I sure learned my lesson about over-feeding, especially when they're so much happier in this larger pond! Oh well! Also just added a couple of little aquarium things.... not kitschy, but something to swim through or move around. ANYTHING to keep them occupied! :razz:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are few people in maryland building some new ponds, see if they chime in. I have over 200 fish, started with 4 last spring lol

Reaction score
welcome sandi, and i was gonna say the same thing..craigslist and advertise for free and they will probably go quickly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just enlarged my pond and for the first time in years, a number of brand new babies just appeared. I see where I'll have to cut down on feeding them (a recommendation from a pro) to help prevent this... and I really don't want to kill the babies, but I really don't want more fish than I already have. Is there anywhere you can donate baby goldfish in Maryland (Howard county).
Hi everybody, I have a large pond in Silver Spring Maryland. If anyone has fish that they want to rehome I have plenty of space.

Please email me at (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Comet - you may want to start a new thread. This one is old old old.

Also - post some photos of your pond. Most pond people would want to see your set up if they were going to offer up their fish for a new home.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you need some more? I have five good sized goldfish couple years old.

Ask a Question