j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty but as for me I'm done w/ indoor aquariums. Had them since forever and now free at last! I'll enjoy looking at all your hard work tho!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Check out TFH site, Also research Takashi Amano, Also TFH writer Rhonda Wilson. Both do some fantastic aguascaping in tanks. I tried onr for a few years, loved the tank but after a while it got to be a task. Technology has greatly increased in the last few years and lots better lighting,, co2 injections, and planting media have greatly advanced. along with getting starts of new plant species that do well in different tank layouts.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that was popular back in the 70's ,dad had two large fish tanks and gave up on keeping fish and did all kinds of plants in them .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Check out TFH site, Also research Takashi Amano, Also TFH writer Rhonda Wilson. Both do some fantastic aguascaping in tanks. I tried onr for a few years, loved the tank but after a while it got to be a task. Technology has greatly increased in the last few years and lots better lighting,, co2 injections, and planting media have greatly advanced. along with getting starts of new plant species that do well in different tank layouts.
Larkin,
TFH is tropical fish hobby right?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yes, there is a member on GPF that does the aqua scaping too. I can't remeber off hand who her screen name is.
She sent me the link to the TFH forum, I've been skim reading a little here and there. I'd love to learn more and try again,
it would deffinetly be a intresting winter project.
Here is the link to the forum, Some great reading on many different topics.
http://forums.tfhmagazine.com/index.php?sid=551ea721842c198a8bf098996078d5e7

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I was heavily involved in the aquarium hobby in the seventies to mid-eighties, especially the planted tanks. Co2 injection was unheard of, and lighting was very basic at the time. Our club started a "Home Tank Beautiful" competition, and I took first place three years running. Then a friend got interested, so I helped him set up his 150g tank, and the ungrateful --- took first prize! The competition was cancelled the following year because no-one would compete against us. John

Reaction score
Wow, they're very cool. Like underwater bonsai. I'd never heard of this, I've never done tanks. I'll be looking at these pictures all night. I hope I can get my fix just looking at pictures because that's an obsessive I don't need to go down.

Ask a Question