Aquasurge vs. Aquaforce

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello! I have newbie question. I'm in the midst of reviving 2 pondless stream/waterfall features that came with my new house. The pumps I got from HD and Lowes (both 3500gph) are not cutting it as far as power. These streams are not that high (3-5ft) but they are long (55-65ft) so I think I need more torque and staying power while trying to keep wattage low. I wouldn't mind upgrading in terms of reliability either.

So, I've narrowed it down to the Aquascape Aquasurge 4000 or the Aquascape Aquaforce 3600. They have very similar specs as far as gph at similar head heights, wattage, etc. and yet the Aquasurge is $100 more - leading me naturally to the Aquaforce 3600. The only difference I can find between them is that the Aquaforce seems better able to deal with passing solids, but that only seems like a good thing.

Am I missing something here? Do any of you know about these two product lines? Would you recommend either model or Aquascape pumps in general? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have several Aquasurge pumps currently in use ( and just bought two more for two other projects!) and recommend them. We also have an Aquaforce (WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY PUMPS! haha!) but I don't think solids handling is really an issue in a most ponds.

Did you check the energy usage? That might be an issue. Generally though Aquascape makes good pumps!

Ask a Question