Aquascape Aquasurge pump remote stopped working

Discussion in 'Pond Construction & Equipment' started by schmuttis, Aug 13, 2018.

1. schmuttis

schmuttis

We had a pond installed two years ago which included two Aquasurge 4000-8000 pumps. Today I was doing some pond maintenance and unplugged the two pumps which I do all the time. When I was done I plugged them back in but only one started. I switched outlets as they are on separate circuits. The one that hadn't started still didn't. I then turned on the manual switch on the remote box and the pump started but in this situation it only runs at the highest level. I turned the manual switch off and still could not get it to start with the remote. I even put a new battery in the remote even though the existing one tested fine. The pump still would not start. Does anyone have any suggestions what else I could try?

schmuttis, Aug 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. schmuttis

Lisak1

We have the same issue pump - remote unit stopped working after about two years. You can buy a new box, but they cost about $100. And of course it happened after the pump was out of warranty.

I would try contacting Aquascape and see what they say. They may replace it for you since it's only two years old. Or talk to your installer - if they are a CAC they may have some pull.

Lisak1, Aug 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question