Are aquablox needed for a Natural Swimming Pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a video modern design aquascaping has called water in motion . I strongly suggest you watch it . Let's say you loose power water has to be stored in the pump vault area . Then it rains you have know where to capture that rain because the power being out took all the available space. The bottom pump vault should be as big as you can afford in space and dollars.. I think I spent 3k on the cistern for 3000 gallons. Thinking my god that will last all summer when in actuality it doesn't last a month.
Not sure why I need the cistern? Where is my pond water going to go?
That said I was going to put an overflow outlet off of the small pool, if the pond was to have too much water.
I also was looking at putting drain tile all around my house and pipe it to the pond but have a valve that I could reroute it off the property if the pond didnt need that rain water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't have a pump vault only the cistern . Tomato Tomotoe. But where I do have in intake is over the negative edge in a very small 300 gallon or so pool . It's is on the list to alter fox resolve. Yes the pool has an over flow to the cistern buttttttt when I loose power it takes about a half hour for the small circulating pump to catch up and fill the space.
Understood with rain collection I do the same but again you need a space for it to go. @combatwombat is it the Pacific north west not many areas get more rain than them and he wishes his 2500 gallon storage was larger.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Ohio so its not real rainy but its not real dry at the same time.

That said I think I understand what your saying. If the pond gets low on water then it will not flow down the stream on the other side of the pond that leads down to the small return pool.
However if there was a really large water storage under the small pool then the pump would still have water to pull from, until that water storage got low.
Is this what you where talking about ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My big pump an external can not draw from the cistern it starts about 3 feet lower than the pump and when the water in the cistern gets low it's 6 feet below the pump and externals do not pull water well at all but they can push water.

Ask a Question