Are fish able to have fun?

Reaction score
I tore apart my filtration system and long story short my pumps outlet is 1 ft underneath the water pointing straight up shooting out 4200 gph. So basically there is a little geyser going on in my pond until I finish my new filtration system. I noticed something strange though, fish would intentionally swim into the "geyser" and get shot over 6 inches into the air and swim away. At first I thought they were just being morons and doing it accidentaly, and then I realized most of the fish that it happened to would keep doing it over and over again. I know fish like to swim against a current, but they were literally just shooting themselves up into the air! So back to the thread title, do you think fish are able to have fun? I am honestly just curious, I think it's hilarious, except for the fact that they almost shot themselves out of the pond completely a few times haha.

Reaction score
I dont have the answer, but can tell you when hubby put in air line in this summer (6' of 1" poly pipe with holes drilled in it), they seemed to be having fun jumping over the line of boiling water...

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
I think they do like to have fun, I remember a vid of a gold fish the got trianed/tought to go threw a ring and push a floating ball around it looked like
it was having fun.
I see my koi chasing each other everyonce in awhile I used to think they where doing a dominate thing but it looks more like soft pushing a rubbing more then a aggrisive situation.

Fish that just want to have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :goldfish:

Ruben :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine love the big giant christmas balls I buy end of season and the little floating pond lights get pushed all over .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine sure seemed to enjoy the new large air pump that sent bubbles up like a volcano. Sorry for them now tho as I turned it off for winter as I need to buy some disc type diffusers that send a finer bunch of bubbles up rather than the Mt Vesuvius it does now. Thought if I left it all winter like that it would churn up the cold water too much.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Yes, fish definitely have personalities. I've recently started to keep a tank and I watch them for long periods. Each fish as their distinct personality and they play and do stuff. I've been meaning to change my silly signature to "I love my mollies and my mollies love me."

Ask a Question