fish not visable!

Reaction score
heres my story, i have a 5000 l pond, i have a 3000l p/h pump feeding a 3000l p/h bio filter, (5w) and i also have a 4000l p/h pump feeding my home made filter. this is a black box type thing, with obviously an inlet and outlet either end, with different types of filter media in between.

i only installed my homemade filter a few days ago, but am already doubting its performance, due to the lack of change in water clarity

i am debating buying another larger biofilter to put on my more powerful pump, and or buying a few snails to eat excess algee, or buying chemicals to clear the water..... please reply...

any advice welcome :100:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
SKIPPY FILTER...two styles here...a 70 gallon skippy in the diy forum and a 55 gallon bio filter in the equipment forum......both are skippy & both are very good.

Reaction score
26052009102.jpg

26052009103.jpg

26052009104.jpg

this is how bad the water is....

excuse the toy duck. was for my daughter. i have recently added a waterfall, which i need to alter, and tidy up..

Reaction score
You will also loose some flow depending on how high the pump is pumping upwards. My moms was doing the same and koi clay did wonders for her.Within a week or so she was clear,I have extra I could give you if you would like to try it. Also give your filter a few days it may take just a bit to get it going.By the way very nice pond.

Ask a Question