Are there any public gardens in your area? (PICS)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm beginning to think we are headed towards that thinking also tmann. Not enjoying being cold and wet all the time in our retired life!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hide inside jw, the heat with humidity wipes me out. Over 85 degrees and I start being affected by it, always been that way. Guess I should live in alaska, but couldn't handle the dark winters lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess I like the warmer weather because I feel good at temps around 80 and 85 and it just feels right .The bones as they get older don't like cold weather .Give me heat as long as it is not around a 100 degrees with high humidity I'm fine .You can hide out inside in the air conditioned space .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love the Biltmore! We went there for our honeymoon. To bad for us the azaleas were not blooming at the time, but it was still beautiful. We have two beautiful parks here in Fort Wayne. Lakeside park has the beautiful rose gardens and large natural pond. We had our engagement pictures done there. And Foster park is huge has a golf course and playground and what they call the "bridal glen" where all the beautiful plantings are. Our wedding photos were there. We also have a citywide trail called the River Greenway which follow the rivers that flow through and meet here too. I don't have any pictures of that though. I think it is 10-15 mile loop, but not sure, it may be bigger. Sorry my pics are all mushy ;-)

Attachments

• LakesidePark.JPG
    LakesidePark.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 310
  • J-D-H-027.jpg
    J-D-H-027.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 281
  • LoveStory3.jpg
    LoveStory3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 298
  • J-D-H-003.jpg
    J-D-H-003.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 332
  • J-D-H-012.jpg
    J-D-H-012.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 312

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Beautiful pictures. I love mushy too! My daughter had a mushy wedding last September. Super fun too!

27.jpg 23.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
PL is that first photo really at your daughters wedding cuz it's hilariously cool! The second one is nice and mushy!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
JW it is. Their photographer got some really unique shots.I'm not sure how he managed to get all of them jumping, but he did. My youngest daughter is the MOH and my son is on the very end. Of course you can't see his face. LOL It was a great day!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes PL I must agree that photographer did great..................funny how he got them all jumping! Looks like it could be good enough for a tv commercial about something,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! PL - super cute pic! We had some fun candid photos too, but never did the jumping one! The ground at the park was soaked from all the rain we had been getting and I wasn't about to try to jump wearing 4" heels! LOL, as clumsy as I am I would have killed myself for sure! We also had a September wedding, will be 5 years this year. I love fall colors although not my favorite season for weather!

Ask a Question